The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the United States Government or the Peace Corps.

Sunday, August 3, 2014

It's happening again!

I'm having another out of body experience. Here I am packing, again. I'm moving so slowly that I can hear the Peanuts adult speak in my head.

Over the last few months I've often felt as if I'm watching myself going through the motions. I did have a great summer and there was at least one solid month where I was completely integrated, but now I'm watching myself repeat what I did 4 months ago.

I'm excited about going to Botswana and to have two consecutive summers will be an experience in itself. I've been following the weather on my phone and it's ironic, but their weather is almost exactly like ours, though without the unseasonable rain and strange humidity that we've been having. Hard to believe, but I think they actually have more sunny days than Tahoe.

The pic above is from where my 10 weeks of training will be. The city is called Serowe, I still don't know how to pronounce it! Well, back to the packing and I hope to write more when I get to Philly on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment