The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the United States Government or the Peace Corps.

Thursday, August 7, 2014

3rd World Issues in the 1st World

The last supper was some of the best sushi I've had!!






Flight to Philly... The cockpit lights showing errors on a new Boeing plane. The new video system not working at my seat. Once we were in the air they said the flight will only be delayed by 35 min, though we land 1 1/2 hrs late. I missed my connection and found another U.S. Air (American purchased U.S. Air) flight that wouldn't let me board.

I was told by one gate agent that American doesn't usually transfer bags to U.S. Air flights, but to go to baggage claim and see if I can report them and get them transferred. After going out of security and down to baggage claim the answer I received is that it could be 1 1/2  to 2 hrs to pull the bags then transfer them. I said I would prefer not to pull the bags and risk loosing them completely. I went to talk to the U.S. Airways baggage clam attendant and she said that my bags should be transferred automatically to the U.S. Airways flight that I was re-booked on.

I arrived in Philly without my bags!

I received very little sleep before getting up at 1:30am to take a bus from Philly to JFK. more to come... too tired and too much of a ramble and I need to board my 15.5 hr. flight to Johannesburg and then a 55min flight to Botswana.

No comments:

Post a Comment